Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The world's religion is Love


You can see the representation of our beliefs: Hinduism, Buddhism, and Christianity. On the side are the following prayer beads: Hindu, Buddhist, and a Christian wooden rosary.Our Temple
Contrary to popular belief two different cultures, from two very different religions, can be together and fall in love. One of the secrets is not only respecting the other’s beliefs, but embracing it as well.
Today I woke up, cleaned, and dusted the temple. I saw Maa do it while in India. She does it with such care, such patience that you can’t help but to stand by and admire her routine. We have a small Temple compared to her, she has a designated room just for their Temple, but as we continue to grow in our marriage so does our Temple. Seeking to add the Star of David too.
Thanks to my husband, who has instilled in me so many beautiful and positive things, I pray with him every morning. At least I make it a point to. I find peace and love as we stand side by side, he sings his prayers, and I begin with “Lord hear our prayers.” After sending my prayers to all of you, all my family, and saying personal prayers for our marriage, he touches with the tip of his fingers, the edges of the Temple, a symbolic routine of touching the feet of God(s). I stand silently as I watch him enchanted, even if I have seen it a thousand times. He then places the palm of his hand on top of my head blessing me, and plants a kiss on my forehead.
And people are out there declaring wars against each other over religion and what is right or what is wrong. Here, we make it work through Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment